Dec 12, 2009

Merry Christmas and Welcome!



Welcome to a new incarnation of my blog. I've been blogging for over a year now, off and on and not quite regularly.  For the new year, I'm making a resolution to make blogging a bigger part of my life. But that's all fodder for another post.




This blog is dedicated to my love of clay and a little bit more about my personal life, what appeals to me and what I'm working on, too. Sometimes you can get so involved with your art or craft, that the blog becomes just one big, "look at me" that gets old real fast, don't you think? So anyway, here's a new, fresh blog named for my clay shop, Iktomi.

In Lakota mythology, Iktomi is a spider-trickster spirit, as well as a shape-shifter.  As I work with clay, shape shifting it from something raw from the earth into something beautiful, I take inspiration from the artists who came before me, making things both useful and decorative ~ and the spirit of creation is my motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment