Dec 15, 2009

Paper Shades and Sunny Days

When I first moved into my house, I didn't have enough money to buy curtains for all my windows.
I used those paper shades you can find at Home Depot for the windows in my studio.
Then I decided to jazz them up....





At the time, I was going through my stained glass phase. It didn't last long, since I quickly discovered I didn't have the patience to cut, grind and solder lots of little pieces together. I guess you could say I have a short attention span when it comes to crafts.

I had lots of suncatchers left over from a craft show where no one wanted to buy suncatchers.  Sometimes craft shows are like that; you come home feeling discouraged and doubting yourself.

I had a brainstorm and hung them in my windows. They've been there for about seven years now. I like the way they look hanging there; catching the morning sun. I still have the paper shades up, too. I guess I'd rather look at something I made that makes me smile than at a piece of fabric. They remind me that no matter what anyone else thinks, I'm doing what makes me happy - and that makes me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment