Jan 3, 2010

Holidays are over and reality sets in...

I can't believe we all worked like dogs for weeks to get ready for the holiday season
 and it's already over.

Time to get back to work and be serious.
I work at a regular day job and have a major project due by the
end of the month. I think it may mean a few late nights.

Luckily, I am easily sustained by a bowl of  Tom kha gai, a Thai soup made with coconut milk, galangal (ginger), lemon grass and chicken.



Doesn't that look delicious? I'm hooked on it. I go to the place just down the street
where the sweet little Thai girls who run the place know we like our
dishes Medium Hot (not thai-hot, which would scald
your lips off).

So tomorrow I have to get up and put on makeup. Dress like a grown up.
Attend meetings and answer email.
Well, I do like to get paid, so it will have to be done.
But maybe I'll pick up some of that Tom kha on the way home
to make the transition easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment