Aug 25, 2011

Helga Cruz- My Talented Mom's Clay Art






Helga Cruz, my mother, is a super talented lady who was working in clay a long, long time before I ever thought about sticking a finger into it. She gave me the courage to try it, and I thank her every day! She wholesales her work to a couple of places in the popular mecca for the rich and trendy; Sedona, Arizona, and other places in Arizona and New Mexico. Kudos to you, Momma!

These adorable sculptures are part of Mom's line of Southwestern Angels. Each of her little angels holds something different; a bird, a cat, a tree, a wreath, etc. Each is supremely charming and as individual as can be.

The Santa is one of her newest designs. It's a combination of majolica and traditional glazing, with tons of old world charm. When I saw that sweet face, I felt like it was Christmas already.

The good news is that we're soon opening a Christmas shop on Etsy, with plenty of holiday ornaments, handmade gifts and clay art Santas, Angels and Nativities. I'm in the process of setting it up and getting it ready to roll. We need to get moving, it's almost Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment