Jan 7, 2012

Happy New Year (belated!)

It's been such a busy season and I've really fallen behind in my blogging. I wanted to wish all my friends out there in bloggeryland a happy and prosperous New Year, too!

I took some time off from nonstop clay sculpting and messed around with painting and other crafty stuff that I havent gotten to do much of, since I was so slammed with orders, etc. I also started making more ceramic beads and pendants. I used to make so many of these when I first started selling online and I guess this is going back to my roots, so to speak.
Check it out:


I used porcelain and white stoneware clays. It's a repetitive and somewhat mesmerizing process to sit there rolling beads by hand.  I also cut some linoleum and used that to press out some pendants.



I can't wait to get them glazed and in the kiln. I'll probably list them all in my Etsy shop when they're done.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are doing those! I am in the mood for beads too....I love the linoleum cuts,You are so talented.You where always good at that.I remember the first shells you did on the Cape.

    ReplyDelete